Explanation of Radiation Safety Certificate

Frequently Asked Questions

  • I need a copy of my radiation safety/x-ray certificate, but I lost it, what do I do?
    • You can request a new certificate from your program/course provider if you took a course on/after January 1, 1985. If your program/course provider is currently closed, you can contact the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education at (888) 370-7589 for assistance.
  • I took and passed a radiation safety examination conducted by the Board prior to January 1, 1985, I now need a copy of my certificate, what do I do?
    • You can request a new certificate from the Board in writing. If the Board has a record of your examination, you will be required to pay a fee of $50 for a replacement certificate.
  • The Board sent me a copy of my x-ray certificate last year, but I lost it, do I have to pay again?
    • Yes. The Board must perform the same research to provide the document, therefore, the fee is earned.
  • I sent my request for a license certification 2 weeks ago, how long does it take?
    • The license certification process takes approximately 4 weeks, plus mailing time.

Approved Radiation Safety Courses

Visit our approved courses list.

Verification of Completion

Verification of completion of radiation safety is to be retrieved from the program/course provider who taught the course if taken after January 1, 1985.

If you need to retake the course, please see the list of approved radiation safety courses.

For more information, call (916)-263-2300 or email DA.Program@dca.ca.gov.