Would you be willing to take a brief survey on the License Search application?
- Dental Assisting Program
- Approved DA Courses
- Dental Workforce Survey
- Online License Renewal (DDS)
- Dental Hygiene Committee
- E-Mail Mailing List
- Elective Facial Cosmetic Surgery Permit (EFCS)
- License Renewal Information (RDA)
- Licensure by Residency
- Board Calendar
- Diversion Program
- License Verification
- Laws and Regulations
- Address Change Form (DDS)
- Name Change Form (DDS)
- Board Newsletters
- Complaint Form
- Related Links
- Education Providers
- Military Information
Welcome to the Dental Board of California
JULY 21, 2016 - The Dental Board of California (Board) has learned that, on July 16, 2016, a child died in the Bay Area after having dental treatment; and it has opened an investigation into the tragic incident in order to determine exactly what happened. The death comes at a time when the Board is researching whether or not current statutes and regulations provide the highest level of protection for this vulnerable population. The Board will continue to make every effort to ensure that pediatric dental treatment is safe in California.
Over the last several months, a two-person subcommittee of the Board has been doing a great deal of research into whether or not California’s present laws, regulations, and policies are sufficient to provide protection of pediatric patients during dental sedation; reviewing the present laws, regulations, and policies in California and comparing these findings not only with the information available in other states, but also with dental associations’ policies related to sedation. In addition, Board staff has been compiling six years of statistics (January 1, 2010-December 31, 2015) related to incidents that have occurred where all methods of sedation, including oral conscious sedation, conscious sedation, and general anesthesia have been used for pediatric patients 21 years of age and younger. Board staff also included incident reports related to the use of local anesthetic in the statistical analysis.
This information is now available to interested parties in the form of a "working document". You will note that there are no recommendations for statutory and/or regulatory change from the subcommittee at this time. The Board is soliciting public comment from interested parties before drafting any recommendations. A copy of this "working document" may be found here: http://www.dbc.ca.gov/formspubs/anesthesia_study.pdf
Stakeholders are invited to meet with the subcommittee prior to the August Board meeting to discuss the working document. The meeting will be held in Sacramento on Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 1:30 pm in the Hearing Room located on the first floor of 1747 North Market Boulevard, Sacramento 95834. The subcommittee will update the Board on the progress of the "working document" at the August 18-19, 2016 meeting. Testimony will also be taken at this time from interested parties. Following the August meeting, the subcommittee will continue to refine the "working document" based on public comments. A final draft of the report will be submitted to the Board for discussion and possible action at the December 1-2, 2016 board meeting which will be held in San Francisco. The specific location has not yet been determined.
DENTAL BOARD OFFERS FASTER SERVICE THROUGH NEW ONLINE SYSTEM
Effective January 19, 2016, the Dental Board of California implemented the Department of Consumer Affairs’ new online licensing and enforcement system known as BreEZe.
Are you …..
- a licensee who needs to renew your license or make a name and/or address change?
- an applicant seeking a license or permit?
- a candidate for an examination?
- a consumer trying to find out information about a California licensed dentist or filing a complaint?
The Dental Board encourages you to click on the Breeze icon to register and utilize the new online licensing and enforcement system for faster service.
If you experience technical difficulties while registering in the new Breeze system, contact the Help Desk at (916) 557-1208 or BreEZe@dca.ca.gov with questions related to:
- Password Resets
- Account Unlocks
- Linking licenses to your accounts
- BreEZe error messages
- ALERT: Dental Board of California’s Anesthesia Working Document Available Now
- ALERT: RECRUITMENT NOTICE – 2 DENTAL AUXILIARIES AND 1 PUBLIC MEMBER NEEDED TO SERVE ON DIVERSION EVALUATION COMMITTEES
- ALERT: RECRUITMENT NOTICE – GA/CS ON-SITE INSPECTION EVALUATOR
- ALERT: RECRUITMENT NOTICE - DENTAL ASSISTING COUNCIL POSITION
- ALERT: CURES UPDATE
- POTENTIAL LICENSE DENIAL OR SUSPENSION FOR FAILURE TO PAY TAXES
Our mission is to protect the health and safety of consumers.
- Licenses qualified dental health care professionals;
- Takes action to enforce compliance of the Dental Practice Act and State of California laws;
- Strives to enhance the education of consumers and licensees.
- For Consumers
- For Licensees
- About DBC