- Dental Assisting Program
- Approved DA Courses
- Dental Workforce Survey
- Online License Renewal (DDS)
- Dental Hygiene Committee
- E-Mail Mailing List
- Elective Facial Cosmetic Surgery Permit (EFCS)
- License Renewal Information (RDA)
- Licensure by Residency
- Board Calendar
- Diversion Program
- License Verification
- Laws and Regulations
- Address Change Form (DDS)
- Name Change Form (DDS)
- Board Newsletters
- Complaint Form
- Related Links
- Education Providers
- Military Information
Welcome to the Dental Board of California
PEDIATRIC ANESTHESIA STUDY UPDATE
October 3, 2016 - The Dental Board of California (Board) has been conducting research into whether or not California’s present laws, regulations, and policies are sufficient to provide protection of pediatric patients during dental sedation. The working draft report was released July 21, 2016, followed by outreach to stakeholders and the public, including a public workshop held on July 28, 2016 in Sacramento, an invitation to submit comments, and opportunity for comment at a full board meeting held in Sacramento on Friday August 19, 2016.
Since that time, the Board has received numerous comments on the issue of pediatric sedation and anesthesia. Public comments. The subcommittee has now received sufficient input to make preliminary recommendations.
The Board will be discussing these preliminary subcommittee recommendations at the October 13, 2016 meeting being held in Sacramento. AGENDA All persons are encouraged to comment in person and/or in writing. Written comments should be directed to the Board at 2005 Evergreen Street, Suite 1550, Sacramento, CA 95815 or via email Karen.Fischer@dca.ca.gov and should be received by close of business on October 28, 2016 in order to be considered in the final report.
DENTAL BOARD OFFERS FASTER SERVICE THROUGH NEW ONLINE SYSTEM
Effective January 19, 2016, the Dental Board of California implemented the Department of Consumer Affairs’ new online licensing and enforcement system known as BreEZe.
Are you …..
- a licensee who needs to renew your license or make a name and/or address change?
- an applicant seeking a license or permit?
- a candidate for an examination?
- a consumer trying to find out information about a California licensed dentist or filing a complaint?
The Dental Board encourages you to click on the Breeze icon to register and utilize the new online licensing and enforcement system for faster service.
If you experience technical difficulties while registering in the new Breeze system, contact the Help Desk at (916) 557-1208 or BreEZe@dca.ca.gov with questions related to:
- Password Resets
- Account Unlocks
- Linking licenses to your accounts
- BreEZe error messages
- ALERT: Candidate Guide: registered Dental Assistant Practical Examination, New August 2016
- ALERT: Dental Board of California’s Anesthesia Working Document Available Now
- ALERT: RECRUITMENT NOTICE – 2 DENTAL AUXILIARIES, 1 DENTIST MEMBER AND 1 PUBLIC MEMBER NEEDED TO SERVE ON DIVERSION EVALUATION COMMITTEES
- ALERT: RECRUITMENT NOTICE – GA/CS ON-SITE INSPECTION EVALUATOR
- ALERT: RECRUITMENT NOTICE - DENTAL ASSISTING COUNCIL POSITION
- ALERT: CURES UPDATE
- POTENTIAL LICENSE DENIAL OR SUSPENSION FOR FAILURE TO PAY TAXES
Our mission is to protect the health and safety of consumers.
- Licenses qualified dental health care professionals;
- Takes action to enforce compliance of the Dental Practice Act and State of California laws;
- Strives to enhance the education of consumers and licensees.
- For Consumers
- For Licensees
- About DBC