- Approved DA Courses
- Dental Workforce Survey
- Online License Renewal (DDS)
- Dental Hygiene Committee
- E-mail Mailing List
- License Renewal Information (RDA)
- Licensure by Residency
- Board Calendar
- Diversion Program
- License Verification
- Laws and Regulations
- Address Change Form (DDS)
- Name Change Form (DDS)
- Board Newsletters
- Complaint Form
- Education Providers
- Military Information
Registered Dental Assistants and Registered Dental Assistants in Extended Functions - Explanation of Ultrasonic Scaling Certificate
Frequently Asked Questions
- I need a copy of my ultrasonic scaling certificate, but I lost it, what do I do?
- You can request a new certificate from the provider who taught the course.
- I am moving out of state, and the new state needs verification of my ultrasonic scaling certification. I sent the certificate to the Dental Board (Board) to be put on my license, and I no longer have it, what do I do?
- What you are ultimately requesting is a certification of your license. You need to make your request to the Board in writing, along with the $25 fee for a certification of a license. The ultrasonic scaling information will be included in the license certification.
- I sent my request for a license certification 2 weeks ago, how long does it take?
- The license certification process takes approximately 4 weeks, plus mailing time.
Visit our approved courses web page.
Verification of Completion
Verification of completion of ultrasonic scaling is to be retrieved from the provider who taught the course if taken within the last 5 years.
If the course was taken longer than 5 years ago, you can request a new certificate from the Board in writing. IF the Board has a record of your course completion, you will be required to pay a fee of $25 for a replacement certificate.
If the Board does NOT have a record of your course completion, you will need to retake the course.
If you need to retake the course, please see the list of approved courses.
As a licensee, if your ultrasonic scaling certification is documented on your license, you can request a license certification. You can make your request to the Board in writing along with the $25 fee for a certification of a license. The ultrasonic scaling information will be included in the license certification.
For more information, contact (916) 263-2595