- Approved DA Courses
- Dental Workforce Survey
- Online License Renewal (DDS)
- Dental Hygiene Committee
- E-mail Mailing List
- License Renewal Information (RDA)
- Licensure by Residency
- Board Calendar
- Diversion Program
- License Verification
- Laws and Regulations
- Address Change Form (DDS)
- Name Change Form (DDS)
- Board Newsletters
- Complaint Form
- Education Providers
- Military Information
SB 599, passed by the Legislature in November 2009, and extends the California Dental Corps Loan Repayment Program (CDCLRP) from July 1, 2010 through July 1, 2012. Applications will be accepted by the Board beginning July 1, 2010 and will be processed according to the provisions of Title 16, California Code of Regulations (CCR) section 1042.2 listed below.
CCR Title 16, Division 10, Section 1042.2. Application; Process.
(a) A dentist who desires to participate in the program shall submit an application to the Board on the Dental Loan Repayment Program Application (rev. 1/05), which is incorporated by reference, and which includes all of the following:
(1) Applicant's name, California dental license number, address, telephone numbers, social security number, date of birth, e-mail address (if available), permit number of any permits issued by the Board, and date of issuance of first dental license and issuing body.
(2) Which of the criteria listed in Section 1972(b)(1) of the code or in section 1042.1 the applicant meets and why, including dates of and institutions where postgraduate training occurred.
(3) The name of each lender from which the applicant obtained an educational loan, together with the most current loan statement(s) that contains the lender's name(s) and mailing address(es), the applicant's name and loan account number(s), the outstanding balance(s) of the loan, the purpose for which the loan(s) was (were) given, and the date on which the loan statement(s) was (were) issued.
(4) Whether the applicant has ever been in default or had a judgment lien against the applicant for any debt, and an explanation for each default or judgment lien.
(5) Whether the applicant is willing to sign, or has signed, a written agreement with the practice setting(s) committing to three years of full-time service in a dentally underserved area.
(6) The name and address of each practice location at which services are to be provided under the program.
(7) A statement authorizing release to the Board of information enumerated in the application and any attachments thereto.
(8) A certification under penalty of perjury, signed and dated by the practice setting's administrative officer, whose name is printed below his/her signature, that the facility has entered into an agreement with the applicant for a minimum of three years; that the applicant can speak a Medi-Cal threshold language effectively in order to provide service; that it will pay the applicant a prevailing wage and not offset any loan repayments by the program against the applicant's salary; and that it is a "practice setting" as defined in Section 1971(f) of the code.
(9) A certification under penalty of perjury as to the contents of the application and any attachments, signed and dated by the applicant.
(b) Application filing periods will be dependent upon available funding and the number of openings in the program. Every application filing period shall be posted on the board's web site and shall close not earlier than 30 days after the date on which openings are first posted. Section 1042.3(a) notwithstanding, an application that is either not complete or not received by the final filing date shall not be considered, and shall be returned to the applicant.
National Health Service Corps/State Loan Repayment Program (NHSC/SLRP)
The NHSC/SLRP increases the number of primary care providers available to practice direct patient care in Health Professional Shortage Areas in California. Qualified applicants may receive up to $50,000 in educational loan repayments over a two-year period in exchange for providing direct patient care. Practice sites must be willing to match the SLRP award, on a dollar-for-dollar basis, in addition to salary. Program information and the application can be found at: http://www.oshpd.ca.gov/HWDD/SLRP.html
National Health Service Corps/Federal Loan Repayment Program (NHSC/FLRP)
The NHSC/FLRP recruits fully trained health professionals who agree to provide primary health services at an approved NHSC community site in a Health Professional Shortage Area. In return, the NHSC/FLRP assists clinicians in their repayment of qualifying educational loans that are still owed. Program participants may receive up to $50,000 in exchange for a two-year service obligation. Powered by $200 million American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funds, on a first-come, first-served basis, the NHSC/FLRP will accept applications continuously, beginning June 2, 2009 until funds are expended or September 30, 2010, whichever comes first. Program information and the application can be found at: http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/.