- Approved DA Courses
- Dental Workforce Survey
- Online License Renewal (DDS)
- Dental Hygiene Committee
- E-mail Mailing List
- License Renewal Information (RDA)
- Licensure by Residency
- Board Calendar
- Diversion Program
- License Verification
- Laws and Regulations
- Address Change Form (DDS)
- Name Change Form (DDS)
- Board Newsletters
- Complaint Form
- Education Providers
- Military Information
Registered Dental Assistant Applicants
Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) applications MUST be received postmarked by the Final Filing Date. All examination dates are subject to change due to facility availability, but final-filing dates will NOT change. Applicants will be scheduled on a first come, first serve basis.
- RDA Application (Work Experience)
- RDA Application (Education)
- 2013 RDA Examination Schedule
- 2014 RDA Examination Schedule
- Practical Re-Examination Application
Following are Practical Examination Instructions, which are sent to each applicant who qualifies for the examination
Practical Examination Statistics
The information below links to the pass/fail statistics, by school, for the examination cycles.
- February 2011 & April 2011
- November 2010
- April 2010
- February 2009
- November 2008
- August 2008
- April 2008
- February 2008
The Dental Board (Board) administers the RDA Practical, Written and Law & Ethics Examinations. Once you file your application for the practical examination, you will be sent information on how to separately pay for and schedule the required computerized written examinations. You will then be able to schedule the written and law & ethics examinations at your convenience through PSI.
- RDA Content Outline
- RDA Examination Plan
- RDA Law and Ethics Examination Outline
- Psychological Services Incorporated (PSI) Candidate Handbook
- Written RDA Re-Examination Application
- Law & Ethics RDA Re-Examination Application
Pursuant to Business and Professions Code 1004: Abandonment of Applications (a) An application shall be deemed to have been abandoned in any of the following circumstances:
- The applicant fails to submit the application, examination, or reexamination fee within 180 days after notification by the Board that such fee is due and unpaid.
- The applicant fails to take the licensing examination within two years after the date his application was received by the Board.
- The applicant, after failing the examination, fails to take a reexamination within two years after the date applicant was notified of such failure.
(b) An application submitted subsequent to the abandonment of a former application shall be treated as a new application. Note: Authority cited: Section 1614, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Section 1614, Business and Professions Code.
Abandoned applicants must complete the application as a new applicant, which includes submitting the fee of $80.00 and qualification documentation.
Written Examination Statistics
A preliminary breakdown of the pass/fail statistics by school is now available below. This procedure is a work in progress, therefore, the totals may change slightly several times within the next six months. The links below also represent the over all pass/fail statistics for the exams taken by month.