- Approved DA Courses
- Dental Workforce Survey
- Online License Renewal (DDS)
- Dental Hygiene Committee
- E-mail Mailing List
- License Renewal Information (RDA)
- Licensure by Residency
- Board Calendar
- Diversion Program
- License Verification
- Laws and Regulations
- Address Change Form (DDS)
- Name Change Form (DDS)
- Board Newsletters
- Complaint Form
- Education Providers
- Military Information
How to Become a Dental Sedation Assistant Permit Holder
On and after January 1, 2010, the board may issue a dental sedation assistant permit to a person who files a completed application including a fee and provides evidence, satisfactory to the board, of all of the following eligibility requirements:
(1) Completion of at least 12 months of work experience as a dental assistant.
(2) Successful completion of a board-approved course in the Dental Practice Act and a board-approved, course in infection control.
(3) Successful completion of a course in basic life support offered by an instructor approved by the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association, or any other course approved by the board as equivalent.
(4) Successful completion of a board-approved dental sedation assistant course, which may commence after the completion of six months of work experience as a dental assistant.
(5) Passage of a written examination administered by the board after completion of all of the other requirements of this subdivision.
(6) Submit fingerprint clearances from both the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Identification. This process can take 60 days or more. If an applicant has a criminal history, arrest report and court records must be obtained and investigated before a decision is made to issue or deny the license. Live Scan locations
Once this process is completed and an applicant is found to be qualified for licensure, a pocket identification card and wall certificate are issued. There is no license fee required for the initial license other than the initial application and examination fees.
Written Examination Handbook
For a list of approved providers click here.